We are hoping to have these new carders in stock by the end of October. Contact an Ashford Dealer today to pre-order yours!
Due to many customer requests, Ashford has developed an e-Carder based on their popular 30cm (12") wide drum carder.
This carder has two exceptionally powerful motors to enable fleece and sliver to be carded easily and quickly.
- 30cm (12ins) carding width
- Batt weight up to 135gm (4¾ozs)
- 72-point teeth on the main drum and 36-point cloth on the feed-in drum helps keep the feed-in drum clean
- Two 24v motors with geared drive
- Infinitely variable speed control for both drums plus a ratio control to vary the in-feed speed
- Acrylic safety covers over the drums and the drive belts, and a magnetic safety switch, for safe use
- Stepped tooth non-slip drive belts with belt tensioners
- On/off foot switch allows hands-free fibre preparation and feeding-in
- When in reverse, for fibre removal, the drums rotate at 10% carding speed
- Packer brush, doffer, cleaning brush, on/off foot switch and 24-volt mains transformer
- Carding drums can be removed to clean bearings
- Large 21 x 31cm (8¼ x 12⅜ins) feed-in tray
- Size 51 x 40 x 32cm high (20 x 15¾ x 12½ins)
- Manufactured from beautiful native New Zealand Silver Beech hardwood with a lacquered finish
- Net weight 15.2kg (33½lbs)