We are super excited to announce the launch of Ashford’s latest multi-shaft table loom: the Brooklyn Four Shaft Loom!
This loom is an economic stepping-stone for rigid heddle weavers ready to expand their weaving skills and explore the wonderful world of multi-shaft weaving. The Brooklyn loom is designed to be the ideal classroom loom. It makes weaving multi-shaft patterns simple and easy.
- Large beam-to-beam depth of 73cm (28 1⁄2”), the same as all Ashford table looms.
- Smooth, quiet overhead beater with auto bounce-back for even beating at the fell.
- Generous rising shed.
- Smooth action levers for light and easy pattern changes.
- Texsolv cord lifts shafts evenly from both sides through frictionless nylon loom cord guides and allows easy shaft height adjustment.
- A total of 320 Texsolv 22cm (8 1⁄2”) heddles are supplied, giving 80 heddles per shaft, enough for a balanced 20epi weave.
- The beater will accept over-width reeds and can be locked for warping.
- Strong 40 teeth nylon ratchets, handles and clicker pawls allow comfortable warp tension and control.
- Rubber feet to keep the loom from moving when weaving.
- Kit includes a stainless steel 10dpi reed, 2 shuttles, 5 cross/warp sticks, 10 cardboard warp separating sticks, a threading hook and a full step-by-step colour assembly, warping and weaving instruction booklet.
- The loom is made using strong beech hardwood with ply sides that combine to make the Brooklyn Four Shaft Loom robust, light and easy to move.
- Quick and easy to assemble.
- Choose to leave natural or finish with Ashford Finishing Wax Polish, oil, lacquer or decorate to your preference.
- Weight: 7.5kg (16 1⁄2lbs) gross 6.5kg net (14 1⁄2lbs)
- Carton size: 78 x 49 x 7cm (30 1⁄2 x 19 1⁄4 x 2¾")
**Please note: The Ashford Brooklyn Loom will not fit current Table Loom Stands, nor will there be a stand made for it.